Sun, 29 Jul 2012 10:28:44 GMT | By IANS

Bravo rubbishes reports regarding injury

Port of Spain: West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has dismissed reports that he sustained minor injuries following a vehicular accident on Wednesday.


Bravo rubbishes reports regarding injury

The 29-year-old was reported to have been treated for damage to both hands after his white Jaguar sports car collided with a Suzuki SUV along the Uriah Butler Highway in south Trinidad.

"I don't know where the reporters got their information from. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my hands and I am fine. Yes, I got in an accident but there is nothing wrong with me physically," said Bravo, the Windies one-day vice-captain.

"When those reports went out, it just sent people into a frenzy and caused a lot of panic. That was really unnecessary and I am fine."

The collision occurred near the site where the West Indies cricketer Runako Morton lost his life earlier this year when his car crashed into an electricity pole.

Bravo will not be involved in the sixth national Twenty20 trial match but Trinidad and Tobago team manager Omar Khan said it was because of administrative issues.

"Bravo has not taken part in any of the trial games so far because he is awaiting final word on whether he is available to play for Trinidad and Tobago in the upcoming Champions League," Khan noted.

MSN Mobile Sports

videos

more videos

get connected