Blog: Spot-fixing in IPL-6
9:33 pm: Statement from Mr Raghu Iyer, CEO, Rajasthan Royals
All of the Rajasthan Royal owners, management, captain, coach and players and staff are shocked and disappointed at the entire situation which has caused immense distress to us all.
Rajasthan Royals wishes to clarify a number of matters, especially in relation to comments made in the media about the RR players currently under investigation:
- RR has launched a comprehensive internal investigation, and will make all information available to the authorities to assist with any on-going inquiries
- RR is closely coordinating with the BCCI and the IPL Governing Council to take whatever steps may be necessary in the current situation
- RR has noted statements which have been made today, including by Ajit Chandila's lawyer, Mr. Rakesh Kumar, suggesting that it was made aware of such matters: these are completely unfounded and are totally refuted. RR will take legal action in the event that such defamatory statements continue to be made by any person
- RR has also noted statements which suggest that there have been other related instances in the past. RR absolutely confirms that it has never had any knowledge of any such matters. RR works closely with the ACSU, and has always fully complied with all of its related obligations, as a participant in the IPL
- All RR players are fully aware of the zero-tolerance approach of the franchise with regard to corruption and have obligations in that regard through their player contracts with IPL and the franchise
Rajasthan Royals has suffered enormously as a result of the alleged actions of these players, and will fully support the BCCI and other authorities in rooting out this evil from the game of cricket.
8.10 pm: Police have denied media reports that Rajasthan Royals' owners Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra or captain Rahul Dravid would be investigated---IANS
7.48 pm: 'Been a couple of tough days for us and for anyone who loves this game of cricket. For anyone who has anything to do with cricket, it has not been a happy couple of days. Unfortunately we have been at the epicenter of all that but the team is determined to change it around. We've played good cricket through the tournament and we'll try to have a crack at the top 2 spots. We've had a couple of close games away from home but we haven't been able to cross the line. We recognize that the play-offs are not in Rajasthan so we hope to play better. We would have batted first as well, obviously. The off-field issues has got us closer as a team. We want to play for the team and for the fans. Trivedi and Sachin Baby come in.'
7.15 pm: Raging controversy over spot-fixing charges against three Rajasthan Royals players has sullied the beauty of the game and affected a lot of players, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) coach Stephen Fleming said Friday.
"The beauty of the game has been sullied by spot-fixing charges. They are not only a distraction, but also affected a lot of players," Fleming told reporters ahead of CSK's last league tie with hosts Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) late Saturday in the IPL-6 here.
7 pm: Indian Premier League Chairman Rajeev Shukla on Friday warned of "strongest possible action" against those players found guilty of spot-fixing in the ongoing edition of the cash-rich league.
Assam, Feb 22 (ANI): These youngsters have gathered at the Jorhat Districts Sports Association Field to participate in a recruitment rally b... More Assam, Feb 22 (ANI): These youngsters have gathered at the Jorhat Districts Sports Association Field to participate in a recruitment rally being conducted by the Indian Army. Thousands of youth from different districts of Assam as well as from Arunachal Pradesh took part in the process. Through this recruitment drive, hundreds of people will be selected and absorbed into the different regiments of the Indian Army. The army officials were impressed by the large turnout. The Indian army and other security forces regularly conduct such recruitment programmes in the region with an aim to increase the presence of youth from the Northeast in the armed forces.
Date 22-02-14, Duration 1:54, Views 40