38 special facts about Sachin Tendulkar
1. Sachin Tendulkar started off with centuries in his debut matches in the Ranji, Duleep and Irani Trophy. No other domestic cricketer has been able to break this record till now.
2. Sachin Tendulkar was done in by a sharp bouncer from Zimbabwe’s Henry Olonga in a league match at Sharjah in 1998. In the final match against the same opposition, Tendulkar had his revenge as he smashed the bowler all around the ground and belted an unbeaten 118 runs.
3. Sachin Tendulkar is a big fan of tennis legend John McEnroe. In his formative years, McEnroe was Tendulkar’s idol. The young Sachin pleaded his parents to get a similar headband and wristbands like McEnroe. Also take one look at his childhood snaps and the McEnroe styled shock of hair on his head tells everything.
4. Sachin Tendulkar was named after the great musician SD Burman. Sachin’s father’s, Ramesh Tendulkar was a big fan of SD’s music.
5. Sachin Tendulkar was led onto the field on his Ranji debut by his then captain, Ravi Shastri.
6. Sachin Tendulkar was gifted a Ferrari 360 Modena by F1 champion Michael Schumacher in 2002. Ferrari presented the car to Sachin in honour of him equalling Don Bradman’s record of 29 Test centuries.
7. Sachin Tendulkar spoke to his favourite music star, Mark Knopfler, the lead guitarist of the rock band, Dire Straits for the very first time during a programme he was doing for the ESPN network. It was Sachin’s birthday and it turned out to be a happy surprise for him.
8. Sachin Tendulkar went to watch the movie Roja in 1995 with a beard and disguise. And it all went wrong when his glasses fell off and the crowd in the cinema hall recognised him.
9. Sachin Tendulkar returned from a four-month tour of Australia after the 1992 World Cup and immediately turned up to represent Kirti College in April 1992. That’s some commitment from a cricketer who was already a superstar by then.
10. Sachin Tendulkar uses a very heavy bat at the crease, weighing 3.2lbs. Only South Africa's Lance Klusener used a heavier bat in world cricket.
election 2014: latest
New Delhi, April 14 (ANI): Human Barbie, Valeria Lukyanova, has revealed her "true self" by posting some stunning selfies online without wea... More New Delhi, April 14 (ANI): Human Barbie, Valeria Lukyanova, has revealed her "true self" by posting some stunning selfies online without wearing her ususla "plastic-like" makeup. The 28-year-old, who has dedicated years to looking like a real-life doll, has shared pictures of herself, including underwear shots and close-ups where she shows off her natural beauty and her incredibly thin figure on facebook.Though Lukyanova can be seen sporting a bit of make-up, but the pictures are a stark change to the usual way she appears.
Date 14-04-14, Duration 1:20, Views 17