Webber admits other teams 'interested' for 2013
Red Bull Formula One driver Mark Webber (R) of Australia holds his trophy next to Prince Albert II (C) and Princess Charlene (L) of Monaco after winning the Monaco F1 Grand Prix May 27, 2012.
The Australian struggled alongside reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel last year, but two weeks ago in Monaco he returned to the top step of the podium.
Webber, 35, is now equal on points with his younger teammate, and just three points from Fernando Alonso's title lead.
"It was a long season last year," he told French Canadian newspaper La Presse in Montreal.
"But this year is very similar to 2010 for me: I started strong and I fought for the championship until the end," said Webber.
It is a timely boost of Webber's form amid rumours of talks with Ferrari, as his Red Bull contract runs out at the end of the season.
"This is a results-based industry," said Webber. "This season is going well for me.
"To see that some other teams are interested in my services is nice," he admitted in Montreal.
"But I am very, very happy at Red Bull. We've done a lot together.
"It's just rumours for now, but it makes me a bit more comfortable," said Webber. "That I am having good results makes the other teams realise that I am doing better than an average job," he insisted.